Google's Brin Talks on Gmail Future
I read an interesting interview with Sergey Brin I found a link to in GmailForum and have compiled a short list of extractions:
- Gmail said and reiterated that Gmail
will[is] likely[to ]come out of Beta in 3-6 months (as of April 23, 2004)!
- They are committed to providing IMAP or at least POP3 access and coming up with ways to continue advertising through those channels
- Files are deleted when you delete them, but because they keep a number of backups, it takes longer to delete all the copies
- Future possibilities (with privacy taken very seriously):
- Searching Google to find out whether you have new mail
- Being logged into Orkut and being able to see if you have new mail
- Of course, other new features...