Thursday, March 17, 2005

Yahoo's new "social networking" service

Yahoo is about to leverage many of its most popular services and roll out a "blogging" service that seems to me like it's going to blow MSN Spaces out of the water. They're focusing on how easy it is to incorporate your photos, news, videos, playlists, and a whole bunch of other really cool things people would love to share into a new way to blog. The social networking aspect comes in when you have easy access to finding other people through their Yahoo 360 pages.

A tradeoff I see is that everything is very much a Yahoo! branded experience and less of a this is me experience. Still, it looks fantastic and is worth checking out.

UPDATE 3/17/05: I should've included this link to the beta sign-up.

UPDATE 4/9/05: Contact me for an invitation if you're interested in seeing what it's about.

UPDATE 3/26/05: And screenshots...

SOURCE: John Battelle's Searchblog

No comments:

Blog Archive